Best RGB graphics cards? Well that’s not an easy question to answer.
If you do tasks that involve processing and outputting high definition videos on your computer display, you will likely need a computer that has a dedicated graphics card. Video rendering requires a lot of processing power. Such power-hungry tasks are normally executed by a dedicated graphics processing unit (GPU) and not the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
The GPU is also referred to by many as the graphics card or RGB video card. Most CPUs have integrated graphics processors that can handle basic graphics processing. However, if you intend to do tasks that require HD video rendering, you will certainly need a dedicated RGB graphics card. In this article, we are going to share with you everything you need to know before you buy a graphics card and some of the best RGB graphics cards on Amazon.
How to choose RGB graphics cards
Let’s first of all share with you a checklist of the things you need to consider to get the best graphics card that suits your needs.
- Mind the resolution of your monitor. While choosing an RGB video card, make sure you get one that supports the resolution of your monitor. It is actually better to get one that can support a resolution that is slightly higher than your current monitor resolution so that even when you upgrade your monitor, the graphics card will still be capable of doing a good job.
- Amount of power it uses. The fact that graphics cards have varying specifications, the amount of power they consume also varies. So, while choosing one, make sure its power consumption is not beyond what the power supply in your system unit can provide. The power connectors from the power supply in your system unit should also match the power input port of the graphics. Also, mind that there is always a trade-off between power and noise. If you want to have a quiet GPU or a silent video card you need to see if the power of the card is not too high.
- Check the launch price of the graphics card model. The launch price is what will give you a picture of whether the deal your getting is a good one or not. Cards that were released two or three years ago will likely cost you between 30 to 50% less than the launch price. Those launched less than a year ago may cost the same price or a price slightly below.
- The form-factor of the graphics card. The shape and size of the graphics card you buy is very key while buying a graphics card. Make sure you check your system unit case to determine the ideal size of the card that won’t make the system unit overcrowded – something that may affect the cooling of the graphics card itself and the other system Unit components.
- Consider the heaviest graphics demanding software you intend to use. Before you buy a graphics card, you can list down all the graphics you intend to do with your computer. The GPU requirements of the most power-hungry software are what you should consider as your minimum requirements. For instance, if you want to use your computer for gaming, looking for the heaviest game of your games list and use its requirements as your minimum.
Best RGB graphics cards from Amazon
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC ULTRA GAMING
This is a high-end RGB graphics card that has 1,7ghz clock speed and 8gb of GDDR6 RAM. It has dual HDB fans for effective cooling. The graphics card also has variable LED lights that you can configure based on what you find suitable.
MSI Gaming GeForce Nvidia RGB graphics card RTX 2060
This is an older version of the Nvidia RGB graphics card RTX 2060 but it still a very competitive graphics processor that can handle video rendering tasks my most software in the market right now. It has 1.8ghz clock speed and 6gb of GDDR5 RAM. Its power consumption is rated at 180watts.
XFX Radeon RX 570 RS XXX Edition
This is one of the most rated AMD graphics cards on Amazon – with about 4.5/5 stars. It has a close speed of 1.3gz and GDDR5 RAM of 8gb with 0.7ghz speed. The graphics card also has a dual-fan cooling system to ensure it is within the correct temperatures at all times. It uses 120 watts
XFX RX 5700 Xt Thicc III Ultra 8GB Boost Up to 2025MHz GDDR6 3xDP HDMI Graphics Card
If we talk about power and nice design we have to take into consideration the new XFX thicc III ultra 5700 XT. This AMD RGB Graphics Card is the newest model on the market. With a game clock speed is 2025MHz, It can keep amazing performances at a very low temperature. It has a very efficient and quiets fan system.
A graphics card is an essential component of your computer especially if use software the involves rendering HD videos. But as you go out there to buy a graphics card, you must focus on the factors we shared above to avoid getting something that doesn’t suit your needs. We have also shared 3 examples of the best RGB graphics cards that you can get based on your budget
You must consider your requirements first before you look into the budget because it better to scale up your budget than getting a graphics card that doesn’t suit all your needs.